Most of us demand so much of ourselves and give little time and attention to our most valuable asset: ourselves.
It is important to take care of yourself first for your sanity and also because when you do so, you become the best version of yourself and are able to deliver better and bigger life and business results.
Here are my tips for taking care and loving yourself:
- Breathe. I used to think that taking breaks is a waste of time. Now I know that rushing through the day and going from one task to another without checking in with my body and mind is definitely not a healthy thing to do in the long run. Taking a short break and pausing can help you reboot your brain and body and deliver even better and more substantial work.
- Move your body. I can’t stress enough about the importance of this point because of our current work conditions, it’s easy to fall into the trap of staying sit all day. Make the conscious decisions to get your body moving. Take the stairs, walk instead of taking the car, get up and stretch or workout a full hour. The importance is to get the blood moving and oxygenating.
- Get outside. Going for a walk or spending some time in the park will not only help you change sceneries but also refresh your mind and perhaps inspire you. take in some sunshine and vitamin D by working from your balcony or the patio of a local café.
- Listen to yourself. One of the worst thing we can do to ourselves as entrepreneurs is thinking that our bodies are machines and that they are not allowed to get sick or feel unwell. I am not a doctor but I know that if you accumulate stress, it’ll not do you any favors in the future. If you have persistent back pain, definitely consult a specialist. If you’re feeling sleepy, take a power nap. Whatever it is, there is so much you can demand from your body.
- Cherish yourself. You don’t have to spend a large amount of money to treat yourself. Cherish your body and respect it for being there for you every day. Have nutritious food and avoid crappy snacks. Get enough sleep and drink lots of water. A good warm bath or a nice massage can also do the trick. You can even massage your own feet every night before going to bed as a thank you for carrying your entire body and taking you to places.