Ever wondered how your favorite social media personalities manage to do what they love and at the same time get paid for it? It’s very likely that they are entrepreneurs who live off their passion. Whatever that is, fashion, beauty, games, cooking, it may seem as too good to be true but it’s all now possible thanks to the internet and to technology. If you too want to turn your passion into a profitable business, here are 7 things you need to know:
- Building a business doesn’t just happen. You need to make time for it and plan it. It needs to be a project that you really want to make happen. Because life is full of distractions, you need to be laser-focused on the goals you want to achieve and make it part of your daily routine and habits. Building a business takes time and you may have to make the decision to change a few things in your life right now to make room for business creation and building.
- A business is different from being self-employed. Be careful about your business model. If you have to sell your time, it’s not so much a business. A real business is something that has a system and can be run with or without you being there. If the business relies entirely on you (from the design of your product/ service to the actual sale), then chances are you are just creating a job for yourself. If you want to make sure you have a real business, ask yourself: ‘Is this something I could potentially sell later on?’
- Successful entrepreneurs have a strong WHY bigger than just making more money. They are driven by the impact, the feedback and the stories they get from their clients. They want to serve and bring Value to their customers. Money is important too but their WHY is their biggest motivation. Successful entrepreneurs are focused on bringing the best value and service and on their customer satisfaction.
- Entrepreneurship is not for everyone. There are some key characteristics. that are required to become a successful business owner. Entrepreneurship is about taking risks, being unpredictable and having no security, safety especially at the beginning. Entrepreneurship is also about being resourceful, tenacious and persistent. Do a self-check with yourself and see whether entrepreneurship is something that will work for you or not.
- Entrepreneurship is not all that glamorous. Don’t be fooled by what you see on social media. Being an entrepreneur is a lot of work. In the beginning, you have to be willing to work day in day out and spend little time scrolling your friends’ IG feeds or posing for pictures for that matter. It may be that you will be spending hours in front of your screen and on the phone without leaving the room for days. The glamour and expensive watches etc come after many years of hard work and persistence.
- Building and growing a business is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time to figure out all the right strategies, a lot of trial and errors…Success doesn’t just happen. It’s a long and tough journey. It takes time to build confidence, gain enough experience, get the first customers, make them super happy and be recommended to others. It’s about not quitting when everybody else is trying to discourage you. Entrepreneurship is not for those who want to make a quick buck because it’s a long game.
- Entrepreneurship brings probably one of the most gratifying feelings ever. You create something out of nothing. It’s like giving birth. You have an amazing feeling of having contributed the world with something useful and valuable. This brings a lot of satisfaction, motivation, and desire to do more. Most people who have experienced that feeling will never go back to becoming an employee for somebody else.
So, my question to you: are you ready to start a business?
Comment below and tell me how you are turning your passion into a business.
If you feel ready to finally make your dreams come true and turn your passion into a profitable business, then I invite you to sign up for ‘Turn Your Passion into a Profitable Business’ online course, helping each step of the way creating and building that business you’ve always wanted to launch. For more information, check the link: https://tinyurl.com/y2ngghu9
And for the pre-launch of the course and for a limited time only, you get 50% off the course using the coupon code: IGOTITFIRST